Monday, January 25, 2016

Been busy.. updates - Summarizing My First Year Degree Experience on Software Engineering

Assalamualaikum and good evening, just finished my first year degree(about 4-5 months ago) for Software Engineering and I've decided to halt my progress. I will list down the subjects I've learned on my second semester and I feel like they had turned it up a notch this sem(or maybe I had gotten lazy).

The list of subjects:
System Analysis and Design
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Introduction to Databases
Introduction to Networking
Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization(Mata Pelajaran Wajib)





Well let me review on these in-depth of what I think of the subjects I've learned

System Analysis and Design
This one is pretty technical stuff, if you sleep in class a lot you're gonna have a hard time recalling what you had learned during class. I pretty much slept through one of the most important part(in the exam) and it came out. I had forgotten to study about it as there were tons of things to study. I pretty much let go about 35 marks I dare say on my exam. It's pretty SAD, see what I did there?

Anyway, we are required to finish a group assignment and an exam. You can pretty much said I dropped the ball on the exam and I think I relied too much on my group members for the group assignment. There were a lot of task that we needed to complete but one of my teammate decided it was a good idea to finish most of them and let me do just some of it. I won't go too technical on it but there's a lot of work involved in two components which are Analysis / Logical Design and Physical Design.

For Analysis / Logical Design, it mainly involves the use of Entity-relationship Model and there was a couple of models we are required to use such as Chen Notation, Crow's Foot or UML Diagram.

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Lecturer is kinda cool, we are needed to copy lots of stuff on the white board(like in high school) and take down notes(like in high school). I had asked a lot of question and the assignment was pretty confusing at first. We are needed to create our artificial intelligence on an AI and make it create both input by the user and output for the user. We used a programme called Verbot. I did it at the last minute(the project) and got told off by the lecturer. But in the end I managed to do it.. anyway. The exam was ok as we are given tips to memorize(it was still a lot of things to memorize so it wasn't really a walk in the park).

Introduction to Databases
This one if I may requires you to practice what you had learn in class. We use SQL Management Studio 2008 and try to classify a list of things into tables and then input statements to generate a number, a name or  a location.

Will continue later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment